{getMailchimp} $title={MailChimp Form} $text={Subscribe to our mailing list to get the new updates.}

Man’s death causes fear among Gyapa residents

File photo: Man killed with gun in hand
The death of a 39-year-old Chinese is causing fear and insecurity among residents of Gyapa, a community near Wassa Akropong in the Western Region.

Unconfirmed report has it that Mo Sheng Bao might have committed suicide as he was found dead with a pump action gun in his hands in his own bed at his residence at Gyapa.

Some of the residents of Gyapa also believe that the deceased might have been killed elsewhere and the dead body brought and placed on his bed.

There are seven other Chinese nationals who live in the same house with the deceased at Gyapa. The seven were arrested by the Wassa Akropong police as suspects but were later granted bail to assist in investigations.

The remains of the deceased have been deposited at the morgue of the Wassa Akropong Government Hospital pending autopsy.

Fear and panic

A spokesperson for neighbours of the Chinese, Kwabena Kodua, in an interview with the Daily Graphic, said no one heard a gunshot on the day preceding Bao’s death.

He said residents were living in fear because no one knew whether the deceased was killed indoors or outdoors.

The residents, he said, were therefore urging the police to quicken efforts in their investigations into the matter.

Two Chinese nationals who were business partners of the deceased, Tan Guojun and Mo Hong Xin, have expressed their willingness to assist the police in investigations. They recalled that Bao had some disagreements with a shareholder of his mining business who wanted to sell his (shareholder) share of the mine for $100,000.

Police report

The Station Officer at the Wassa Akropong police station, Chief Inspector F.P. Coffie, said at about 3 a.m. on December 1, 2016, the police received reports of the death of Bao and proceeded to the scene.
He said on arrival, a pump action gun was found in the hands of the deceased.

He said the police arrested all the seven other Chinese nationals who slept in different rooms in the same house. He said the suspects were later released on bail so they could assist in investigations.

According to Chief Inspector Coffie, the police were waiting for the autopsy report from the hospital to continue with investigations and bring the perpetrators of the heinous crime to book.

Source: graphic.com.gh

No comments

Your comments and Encouragement are welcome